Contract AnalystLocation: New York, New York
The Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice (MOCJ) designs, deploys, and evaluates citywide strategies to continue to drive down crime, reduce unnecessary arrests and incarceration, and improve the system’s fairness. MOCJ works with both law enforcement and City agencies, non-profits, foundations and others to implement data-driven strategies that address current crime conditions, prevent offending, and build the strong neighborhoods that ensure enduring safety.
The MOCJ executes its mandate through a diverse array of projects that span government agencies at the City, State and Federal levels and may include non-profits, foundations, community groups and others. The office seeks a talented Contract Analyst to manage a number of criminal justice contracts with organizations that provide services to New Yorkers in support of our mission. Under the supervision of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer, the job responsibilities of the Contract Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Managing criminal justice contracts to assure that each vendor is meeting contractual services and performance goals. Candidates will be expected to have strong organizational skills to track vendor performance over the course of the contract term including, but not limited to, reviewing programmatic and fiscal reports, conducting site visits and providing technical support to vendors.
- Negotiating contracts that meet the policy objectives of the agency, including adherence to the agency’s performance guidelines, as well as the budget constraints applicable to individual contracts. Contract negotiations involve several rounds of editing and review before completion of the final project. As such, candidates for this position will be expected to possess strong communication skills.
- Processing procurements from inception to contract execution. This entails assuring adherence to the City’s Procurement Policy Board rules, creating proper documentation, working and communicating with City oversight agencies, and registering procurements with the New York City Comptroller’s Office.
- Completing detailed performance reports for oversight agencies, such as the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services.
- Auditing and processing monthly performance invoices, which requires a comprehensive understanding of contract provisions to assure the propriety of a given invoice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Finance, Criminal Justice, Urban Studies, Political Science or related field, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Word, required;
- Experience in contract or program monitoring and/or management, preferred;
- Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading and writing skills;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to converse professionally with executive, programmatic, and administrative staffing of an organization;
- Ability to problem solve, while balancing competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines; and
- Maintaining an enthusiastic work ethic, in addition to being able to work well with others in a diverse team environment.
Commensurate with experience.
- cover letter
- three references
New York City Residency is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment.
The City of New York and the Office of the Mayor are Equal Opportunity Employers.