Senior Contract AnalystLocation: New York, New York
The Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice (MOCJ) advises the Mayor of the City of New York on criminal justice policy. MOCJ develops and implements strategies, with partners inside and outside government, to reduce crime and incarceration and to promote fairness and legitimacy.
The Senior Contract Analyst, under the supervision of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer, manages a number of criminal justice contracts with non-profit organizations that provide services to New Yorkers in support of our mission. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring criminal justice contracts with non-profit organizations to assure that each vendor is meeting contractual services and performance goals. Candidates will be expected to have strong organizational skills to track vendor performance over the course of the contract term including, but not limited to, reviewing programmatic and fiscal reports, conducting site visits and providing technical support to vendors.
- Negotiating contracts that meet the policy objectives of the agency, including adherence to the agency’s performance guidelines, as well as the budget constraints applicable to individual contracts. Contract negotiations involve several rounds of editing and review before completion of the final project. As such, candidates for this position will be expected to possess strong communication skills.
- Processing procurements from inception to contract execution. This entails assuring adherence to the City’s Procurement Policy Board rules, creating proper documentation, and registering procurements with the New York City Comptroller’s Office.
- Completing detailed performance reports for oversight agencies, such as the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services.
- Auditing and processing monthly performance invoices, which requires a comprehensive understanding of contract provisions to assure the propriety of a given invoice.
- Manage cross-agency programs through contract negotiations, scope drafting, and contract management.
- Specialize in one of our program areas and become the prime liaison between the contracts unit and program teams. Guide scope development for new programs.
- Consult with the Agency Chief Contracting Officer and the Budget Director regarding fiscal procedures and budget analysis
Develop an expertise in new project development and create guides and educational material for other contract analyst.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Finance, Criminal Justice, Urban Studies, Political Science or related field, graduate degree preferred
- 2+ years of professional experience with preference for non-profit and/or criminal justice related work, or at least 1 year with MOCJ or Mayor’s Office
- Strong financial analysis and evaluation preferred
- Work independently and proactively address oversight concerns with limited supervision.
Commensurate with experience.
New York City Residency is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment.
The City of New York and the Office of the Mayor are Equal Opportunity Employers.